GenesisB and dibs studio is sourcing a game design contractor to work on the Wild Sanctuary Augmented Reality game for one the world's leading AR publishers. We are open to contractors in either Toronto or Vancouver.
We are looking for an intermediate, or senior designer, to work with our lead design consultant and to take day-to-day responsibility for developing the game design details, the game economy and the customer acquisition model.
The initial contract is expected to run for 4 months with the potential to extend long term or convert to full time employment.
- Design fun and immersive core gameplay mechanics that appeal to a broad audience
- Own and lead creation of features in rapid iteration
- Analyze and document all designs in collaboration with the team
- Create and optimize interaction interfaces for the next generation of multiplayer AR
- Pitch and optimize designs as part of regular team feedback sessions
- Balance and iterate on the game’s progression to provide the best player experience
- Use data to inform design decisions and build designs for a live service future
- Strong understanding of game design rules (gameplay, reward loops, accessibility, pacing, interfaces, narrative structures)
- Ability to convey complex ideas concisely and across disciplines
- An investigative and curious mind interested in all aspects of mobile game design
- A passion to break new ground in the world of AR games
- In-depth knowledge of common successful games, mobile and otherwise
- A positive attitude towards constructive criticism and rapid iteration
- 3+ years of experience on mobile games, preferably in the AR space
- At least one title taken from inception to release
- Good command of English
dibs studio is an emerging AR studio dedicated to designing and developing fun, engaging, mixed reality games and consumer experiences. dibs studio is a wholly owned subsidiary of GenesisB.